So with Moviebox crashing on 04/14/14 and the flood of emails and tweets coming in people asking about a fix to stop the app from crashing. I have had great luck with people installing the ipa version and not the deb version. So to make this easy just follow the steps below.
- Make sure you have appsync installed for YOUR FIRMWARE. You will also need to have IPA Installer from Cydia installed. And Safari Download Enabler from Cydia “if on iphone”. Also iCleaner is nice to have but not a must
- You will need to remove the old copy of moviebox from Cydia. “This is a must”
- Reboot the device
- Now that you have the deb removed and all the apps installed needed go to step 4.
- Now all you need to do is click on this link Moviebox 2.7 Moviebox 3.0 “ios7 only” in safari on your device.
- After the IPA downloads “This might take a min depending on your internet speed”
- If on ipad use step 7 if on iphone use step 7b
- Now that the IPA is downloaded go to IPA Installer and go to Var/mobile/Documents. There you will find the IPA you downloaded from our server.
7b. So now that the IPA is downloaded and you have Safari Download Enabler installed you will need to tap and hold the bookmark icon, and find the file moviebox26.ipa click on it. Now select save go to the folder Documents and click save in the top right. Now go to IPA Installer and go to the file Documents you should now see the ipa.
8. Click install. Now you will see the IPA installing. “If you get a error download iCleaner from Cydia and run it, or do the iFile fix.”
9.You will loose your library and stuff in your Artwork file wont show up in the new Moviebox app so you will have to redownload anything you have downloaded before. “beggars can’t be choosers when it comes to free” lol
You must log in to post a comment.