So yesterday I tweeted that I am not a fan of how Unlimapps just added XCon as a dependency to the tweak and not find a better way to patch Niantics stupid jailbreak detection. The reason I have so much hate for this current setup is they are forcing you to install a beta of XCon. And for me that beta currently breaks my banking apps, PayPal, my TouchID, and AppStore. So this is how I got the latest version of PokeGO++ to work and XCon to not break my stuff.
A user @Bestrada80 on Twitter gave me a bit of info on this saying that XCon 41 works with no problems. And he was correct. So this took a bit of work to get done the first time. But I have made it faster for you all. What you have to do is below.
- Delete any version of PokeGO++ you have on your device. “We will be installing a custom version I have bundled”
- Delete any version of XCon you have on your device.
- Now you will need iFile or some type of file manager on your device.
- You will also need the insanelyi repo.
- You now will need to search for XCon from the insanelyi repo. You want version 41.
- Now download this custom bundle of PokeGO++ “what I have done is just remove the dependency of the beta version of XCon. You will still need XCon or some type of jailbreak bypassing installed for PokemonGO to work.”
- After you download that file in safari click open in iFile and then click on the deb file, and click install.
- You will need to respring your device and PokemonGO should be working just fine with PokeGO++ and XCon should have broken nothing.
Now I hope this helps you all. I know this setup is what I have to use and hope you all get PokemonGO and PokeGO++ working with the newest Buddy system.
You must log in to post a comment.